- This document explains how we use the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address and phone number if you contact us
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use metrics.plus. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on this site
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
- We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
- We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use metrics.plus. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access services
- provide you with information about our services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your personal data in analytics
- We will share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime
- We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
- All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
- We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data
- We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
- We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 5 years. We will delete access log data after 365 days.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website